Winner of the 2015 Homebound Publications Poetry Prize
The winner of the 3rd annual Homebound Publications Poetry Prize is Linda Flaherty Haltmaier for her collection Rolling Up the Sky. The collection was selected by the Homebound Publications editorial staff from nearly 100 entries. Linda is an award-winning writer of screenplays and fiction. Her first collection of poetry, Catch and Release, was published by Finishing Line Press in April 2015. Her poems have appeared in Canopic Jar, Mad Swirl, Beyond Babylon, and more. She recently completed a writer’s residency at the Noepe Center for Literary Arts on Martha’s Vineyard. A Harvard graduate, Linda lives on Boston’s North Shore with her husband and daughter. (Look for Rolling Up the Sky in paperback and ebook April 2016!).
Honorable Mentions for the 2015 Homebound Publication Poetry Prize include:
- Molecularity & the Science of Light by Laura McCullough
- Water, Rocks and Trees by James Smith
- Night Ringing by Laura Foley
- House Hunting in Spider Country by Matthew Haughton
- Fragments of Joan by Rachel Peterson
- The Orchard Psalmist by Mark Hart
- Trees on My Shadow by Jesse LoVasco
- Storm Surge by Thomas Piekarski
- Light in a Broken Cup by Monika John
- From a Green House by Alan Wallisch
- Reading the Bones by Leslie Schultz
- Before We Were Birds by Susan Edwards Richmond
Thank you to all the poets who entered. Congratulations to our winner and honorable mentions!