Results of the 2023 Poetry Prize
Can Buddhists Wear Mascara? (and Other Things I’ve Googled) by Jenny Noble Anderson
And This House Is Only a Nest by Jose Oseguera
River Kith by Jacqueline Haskins
Visions from Mount Tom by Connor Hebert
The Ancient Ways by Jeffrey Bernstein
The Velocity of Sorrow by Radha Marcum
Wild Gardens by Sara Letourneau
Rite-of-Passage by Alia Stewart-Silver
how to submit
The 2024 Poetry Prize is now Open!
Details about the 2024 Poetry Prize
The deadline for entries is May 25th, 2024.
On August 15, 2024, we will announce one winner from the entries, a finalist, and honorable mentions. Homebound Publications will publish the winning manuscript in April 2025. The winning author will be offered a royalty contract and publication in ebook, paperback, and audiobook.
To enter, submit a manuscript between 48-75 pages in length (front and back matter are not included in page count) by May 25th, 2024. The entry fee is $25.00.
The editorial staff at Homebound Publications will judge the contest. The contest is not judged blind.
All entries will be considered for publication. We routinely publish manuscripts that are chosen for honorable mentions when the budget allows.
Entry Guidelines & Eligibility
- To enter, the poetry collection must be previously unpublished.
- A limited number of individual poems may have appeared in print or online but the poet must hold sole rights to the work.
- Only authors who currently reside in the United States of America may enter.
- Manuscripts must be in English.
- Multiple entries by a single author are welcome but a separate entry forms and fees must be paid for each entry.
- The manuscript must be no less than 48 and no more than 75 pages in length.
- Employees and authors of Homebound Publications and its divisions are not eligible.
Entry by Post Mail
(Editor’s Note: While we are aware of the extra packaging required when sending via post, at this time we prefer entrants to send their submissions to us via USPS. When we complete our review of your materials, all packaging materials and paper are recycled.)
For those of you entering by post mail please include the following in your entry:
- The full manuscript
- A brief biographical statement
- Check made payable to: Homebound Publications
- Self-address stamped postcard (Should you desire confirmation of receipt of your entry.)
Post entries should be sent to:
Attn: Poetry Prize
PO Box 1601 Northampton, MA 01060
[Please note:] Manuscripts submitted to the contest via post mail will not be returned. Please do not send us the original copy of your manuscript.
To enter online, you may submit your manuscript and payment via our secure submission platform here: Submit
- Please send us the full manuscript
- Brief biographical statement
- You can pay the $25.00 entry fee via Submittable’s platform.
Homebound Publications is distributed by Publisher’s Group West, a Division of Ingram Publisher Services.
Find our titles in paperback, ebook, and audiobook formats, wherever books are sold.