The 2017 Homebound Publications Poetry Prize is now open!
Details about the 2017 Poetry Prize: Deadline for entries is May 15th, 2017. On June 30, 2017 we will announce one winner from the entries as well as a finalist and honorable mentions. The winning manuscript will be published by Homebound Publications in April 2018. While there is no cash prize at this time, the winning author will be offered a generous 20% royalty contract and receive 10 free copies of the final book to help further their promotional efforts. The winning author/book will also receive a feature spread in Homebound Publication’s biannual magazine, The Wayfarer.
The winner and finalist(s) will be published worldwide. Our books are distributed via publisher-direct and Midpoint Trade Books in New York City. Our printer is Ingram. We have printing bases in the USA, UK, and Australia, allowing us to dispatch copies around the world when there is demand.
To enter, submit a manuscript between 48-75 pages in length by May 15th, 2017. The entry fee is $25.00.
The editorial staff at Homebound Publications will judge the contest.
All entries will be considered for publication.
Entry Guidelines & Eligibility
- To enter, the poetry collection must be previously unpublished.
- Only authors who currently reside in the United States of America may enter.
- Manuscripts must be in English.
- A limited number of individual poems may have appeared in print or online but the poet must hold sole rights to the work.
- Multiple entries by a single author are welcome but a separate entry forms and fees must be paid for each entry.
- The manuscript must be between 48-75 pages in length.
- Deadline for Entries is May 15th, 2017. The winner will be notified privately of their win by May 25, 2017. The winner will be publicly announced June 1, 2017 and release in April 2018.
- In addition to the winner, the finalist(s) will also be offered publication.
- Employees of Homebound Publications and authors with books previously published by Homebound Publications are not eligible.
Entry by Post Mail
(Editor’s Note: While we are aware of the extra packaging required when sending via post, at this time we prefer entrants to send their submissions to us via USPS. When we complete our review of your materials, all packaging materials and paper is recycled.)
For those of you entering by post mail please include the following in your entry:
- The full manuscript
- A brief biographical statement
- Check made payable to: Homebound Publications
- Self-address stamped postcard (Should you desire confirmation of receipt of your entry.)
Post entries should be send to:
Attn: Poetry Prize
PO Box 1442, Pawcatuck, CT 06379 – 1968
[Please note:] Manuscripts submitted to the contest via post mail will not be returned. Please do not send us the original copy of your manuscript.
To enter online, you may submit your manuscript and payment via our secure submission platform here: http://homeboundpublications.submittable.com/submit
- Please send us the full manuscript
- Brief biographical statement
- You will be able to pay the $25.00 entry fee via Submittable’s platform.