The 2019 Prize is Now Closed.
UPDATED: Results will be announced on July 15, 2019. Winners & Finalists will be notified via email in the weeks leading up to the announncement!
Details about the 2019 Poetry Prize: Deadline for entries is May 31st, 2019. On July 15, 2019 we will announce one winner from the entries as well as a finalist and honorable mentions. The winning manuscript will be published by Homebound Publications in April 2020. While there is no cash prize at this time, the winning author will be offered a generous 15% royalty contract. The winning author/book will also receive a feature spread in Homebound Publication’s biannual magazine, The Wayfarer.
The winner and finalist(s) will be published in paperback and eBook formats. Our books are distributed through Midpoint Trade Books (A Division on IPG) and are available through wholesale outlets such as Baker & Taylor and Ingram as well as retail outlets such as Amazon, B&N, Target, and indie bookstores across the country.
To enter, submit a manuscript between 48-75 pages in length by May 31st, 2019. The entry fee is $25.00.
The editorial staff at Homebound Publications will judge the contest. The contest is not judged blind.
All entries will be considered for publication. We routinely publish manuscripts that are chosen for honorable mentions.
Entry Guidelines & Eligibility
- To enter, the poetry collection must be previously unpublished.
- A limited number of individual poems may have appeared in print or online but the poet must hold sole rights to the work.
- Only authors who currently reside in the United States of America may enter.
- Manuscripts must be in English.
- Multiple entries by a single author are welcome but a separate entry forms and fees must be paid for each entry.
- The manuscript must be no less than 48 and no more than 75 pages in length.
- Deadline for Entries is May 31st, 2019. The winner will be notified privately of their win by July 15, 2019.
- Employees and authors of Homebound Publications and its divisions are not eligible.
Entry by Post Mail
(Editor’s Note: While we are aware of the extra packaging required when sending via post, at this time we prefer entrants to send their submissions to us via USPS. When we complete our review of your materials, all packaging materials and paper is recycled.)
For those of you entering by post mail please include the following in your entry:
- The full manuscript
- A brief biographical statement
- Check made payable to: Homebound Publications
- Self-address stamped postcard (Should you desire confirmation of receipt of your entry.)
Post entries should be send to:
Attn: Poetry Prize
PO Box 1442, Pawcatuck, CT 06379 – 1968
[Please note:] Manuscripts submitted to the contest via post mail will not be returned. Please do not send us the original copy of your manuscript.
To enter online, you may submit your manuscript and payment via our secure submission platform here: http://homeboundpublications.submittable.com/submit
- Please send us the full manuscript
- Brief biographical statement
- You will be able to pay the $25.00 entry fee via Submittable’s platform.